Thursday, December 31, 2009

12 31 09 Update


Photo: Former Jeweler's Row jeweler, Harry Azoff discusses with Tom Carroll the finer points of harmonica playing.

The transferring and burning to DVD of the six plus hours of interviews took a big chunk of time. I already everything transferred but it took the better part of the previous evening and the morning of Tuesday, the 29th, to get everything on disc. Additionally, there were a number of musical references that surfaced over the course of the interviews and I put together a CD of them from my own collection. The interviewees were very happy to get both and I saw everyone except Harry Azoff, who probably stayed home because of the bitter cold that day. I got to spend some time just "being there" at the center rather than for some specific activity. I had a very interesting conversation, with a center-goer about felonious activities that used to go on in the neighborhood, something that so far none of those interviewed ever mentioned.

While I was in the neighborhood, despite the cold, I took some pictures, which I should have later today. I really need a dslr! The price of film and developing keeps on rising.

Phoebe and I are working this week to development a lesson plan for Taggart. I am meeting with Margaret Chin, principal at Taggart next week. More details soon.

Meanwhile, I am in consultation with Frank Siciliano, the man who built "Boris" my magic lantern projector, concerning building a prototype mutoscope as lead up to the final model. I have my Phase I wrap done save for the budget, which spurred my contact with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment