Thursday, January 7, 2010

Update: Week of Jan 4.

I met with Margaret Chin, Jason Mango, and Robert Riffel (art teacher) at Taggart to discuss the workshop Phoebe and I want to do. Phoebe put together an excellent lesson plan and we are slated for early May. What the exact project will be, is still undecided. It may be small groups of students each doing a collaborative tableau that I will photograph.

Students will be asked the prior week to interview either a parent, grandparent or relative concerning their coming to the United States. The stories will then be given visual form and may be incorporated into the giant mutoscope.

I will need to put together a really nifty take-home package for the students.

While I was in the neighborhood, I also went and talked to John Tenaglia, again, more as a friendly visit than an interview, but I will probably do a formal taping of him as well. Phat Long's restaurant is still closed, so I will need to reconnect via email. I also took more photos. I'm still shooting on film for lack of a decent digital camera. The camera did not like the extreme cold and hung up a few times.

I hope to make a small prototype mutoscope in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment