Wednesday, October 7, 2009

10 06 09 A Few Details Worth Noting.

I have contacted Susan Hoffman at Stiffel about bringing a slide show there and talking about my work. I have also suggested doing a free community portrait shoot near the December holidays.

I'm meeting with K.A. McFadden, an artist in the "Stiffel neighborhood" next Tuesday.

My friend Sandy Lehan who does house histories is going to research the chain of title for a number of locations in the neighborhood that appear to have been occupied by Jewish immigrants. These will likely include 115 S. 6th, Philadelphia, Pa. Cong. Talmud. Torah Adath Jeshurun, N. E. cor. 6th and Cantrell, which is now an African-American church. I identified it by the Yiddish above the door and then found the details on Google. Also 2118 S. 7th which appears to have been a Jewish-owned business. I suspect these "handings-off"of stewardship may play a role in developing the final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment