Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10 13 09 More Updates.

The reverse-processed slide worked quite well. I fetched Boris from Langhorne on Sunday and then brought him to the Arts Bank on Monday for a tech. The slide is very vivid, but a bit dark. It's clear the projector needs some technical upgrades and the slides need to be made a bit less dense, but these are all reasonably easy. If I'm to project outside and really large, I'll need to fabricate a new projector. Boris is beautiful, but not efficient enough in my estimation for really huge projections.

I have tentatively set three dates with Stieffel. One to show slides and discuss my work and two to shoot. The dates are:

Work discussion/side show: Thursday Oct. 29th at 1-2pm. I'm still hoping to get someone who wants to present work back-to-back with me, but I'm not banking on it and am pretty sure I can talk for an hour.

I have two dates for vintage portrait shoots with the persons who visit the center. They are:
Friday, Nov. 13th and 20th from 9:30 to 2:30. I hope to shoot about thirty portraits each day.

I love the idea of bringing something forth as a way of connecting and I think this will be a great way to feel things out in terms of creative participation and my own way of working.

Additionally, I met today with Kathy McFadden an artist who lives on the 2400 block of Darien and she gave me some insights, nothing I'd consider earth-shaking, but I feel like each piece of the landscape I accumulate brings me closer to some synthesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment