The Stiffel workshop went very well. Four people brought items and we were able to improvise, from what was at Stiffel and from what I brought, to connect another four. The center-goers at Stiffel were very enthusiastic about the vintage black and white images. I spent Saturday scanning the fragile paper negatives and importing the video Ian Duffy took during the shoot.
The shot posted here (reconstructed from the "remains") is closest to the kind of imagery I was hoping to get. There are a few more from the shoot that are also pretty strong and will require more time to finalize. This was really a whole new thing for me--a very different population and not costumed, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, or sure of what I wanted. It will be interesting to see what happens with the other groups I'm lining up.
No comments:
Post a Comment