Friday, April 9, 2010

04/09/10 Update: "Objects of Memory"

Photo: Participants in the pre-workshop session for next Friday's shoot, "Objects of Memory." As you can see, a very nice turn out.

I showed images from previous shoots and talked about the mobile studio as well as showing photos of Kinetoscopes and a sample of the video montage work I've done.


We also talked about what kind of items people should bring. One woman, who lives across the street is bringing a small snare drum! I believe each person took home a reminder to post on their refrigerator, so they don't forget to bring an object to next week's shoot. There will be more reminders as the shoot date approaches as well.

Since I'm not versed in Powerpoint, I did all the work via a generic DVD program. It worked fine and seemed a lot less anxiety prone from what I know of the program people usually use for slideshow-type presentations. Actually my preference is 35mm slides.

Special thanks to Lynne and Susan for spreading the word and rounding up people.




No comments:

Post a Comment